Join the Clowns as a Trustee
Updated: Nov 13, 2019
ROLE: Board Trustee, Fundraiser
SALARY: N/A – Voluntary Role
BASE: Meetings are in London or via Skype
ACCOUNTBALE TO: Chair of Trustees
About Clowns Without Borders
Clowns Without Borders UK was established in 2014 and we have delivered over 30 projects in 13 countries sharing laughter with over 55,000 children. With a team of 18 professional clowns we share joyful performances and workshops with children in Humanitarian Disasters. We are also members of Clowns Without Borders International (CWBI), an umbrella organisations formed of 15 International Chapters with headquarters in Barcelona. CWBI is also a Consultative Member of UNESCO in recognition of our commitment too peace, tolerance and cultural diversity.
To alleviate the suffering of children by sharing joy and play when they need it most.
We delivery this mission through:
· Non-verbal, highly visual performance and workshop for children
· Capacity-building of staff and volunteers to use play to support the wellbeing of
· Creating strategic partnership with other NGO’s to increase our reach and capacity
and to advocate for the benefits of CWB’s approach
Clowns Without Borders has grown rapidly in 2019 and our income has increased from £40k to £100k. With a new Board in place, we are currently finalising an ambitious 3-year strategy to grow our organisational impact, programming and fundraising activity.
The Board is the ultimate governance body for the charity, serving as stewards of its resources, and ultimately responsible for our strategy, operations and financial management. Our board ensures we comply with our governing document and charity law and pursue our objectives. They are responsible for providing supporting, guidance and decisions to the CWB team, ensuring the effective and efficient administration of the organisation.
Currently we have seven Trustees who meet three times a year.
We also encourage trustees to give additional time to sit on sub-committees.
Trustees are elected for a 2-year term but with the opportunity to be re-elected. The Trustee role is voluntary but out of pocket expenses are paid
Strategy and Governance
· To contribute actively to the Board of Trustees’ role in giving firm strategic direction
to the charity, setting overall policy, defining goals and setting targets and evaluating
performance against agreed targets
· Ensuring high standards of governance and risk management
· Ensuring the organisation is accountable and transparent in its activities
· Ensuring compliance with relevant charitable and company legislation
· Safeguarding the interests of Clowns Without Borders’s beneficiaries
· Ensuring sound financial oversight including review and approval of the annual
· Oversight of high standards of financial management
· Act as an ambassador for Clowns Without Borders
In addition to this, we are looking for a person with a background in Fundraising with understanding and experience of Charity fundraising who can
· Support in setting the fundraising strategy of the charity and monitor performance
· Assist in securing additional funding and the diversification fo fundraising sources
· Using personal and professional networks to help with access to potential donors
and supporters including corporates, trusts and foundations, NGOs, and individuals
· Passionate about Human Rights
· Passionate about the arts, culture and it’s ability to create positive impact
· Embody the values of CWB and endeavoring to maintain a spirit of joy, peace,
compassion and loving kindness in the way we work together on the Board
· Enthusiastic about our mission and able to support this through the sharing of ideas,
professional expertise and networks
How to apply
Please send a CV and Expression of Interest by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please feel free to contact us on email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 29th November 2019
Interviews will be held w/c: 2nd December 2019